Monday

University research

Through out my continuing research into future university possibilities I have found multiple different courses that are possibilities for my future for further education. Through using multiple different websites I have multiple different choices to decide upon, the websites I used were the UCAS website and the websites of the universities such as Sheffield Hallam and Nottingham Trent.
I have had previous research from a large amount of the websites and have spend time looking through the courses and assessing them. I have been going through the information about the courses and making notes and taking screen shots as I go along. I have started with the university that are closer to my current location so that I still have the possibility of living at home and therefore will save money.
The way that I did my research this time was by going on the UCAS website and through that website I searched for a course that would suit me and be a possibility for the later education. I did this by going on a tab that showed a way that would show all the courses certain areas that are across the country.


From this page I looked all over at the results that came up and followed the links of the curses that I though were relevant and would suit me. After following the link I would look over the course especially the course requirements and see if I met them. The results were as follows.

The university in which I am focusing on the most is Sheffield Hallam, this is because it has many design courses that are in the field that interests me and would allow me to get into a job that would be in a field that would make an interesting lifetime career and I would be happy with, another reason is that due to its location it is close enough to my current location that I could still like at home and take the train to the university. The train would be a good possibility since I already take the train and it will only be the next stop on the train I already take so that would work well. The location is beneficial since there are design companies in and around the area so that would help with the commute and would heighten the possibility of being in contact during my course with the companies.

There are multiple courses that interest me and they are as follows.
BSc (Honours) Web Systems Design
Four years full-time (including one year work placement)
UCAS code • G590
2013 entry requirements
GCSE mathematics and English language at grade C or above, plus
• 240 points from at least two GCE/VCE A levels, in relevant subjects, or BTEC National qualifications. You must have studied more than one subject and including at least 160 points from two GCE/VCE A levels, or BTEC National qualifications.
This course is in a field that interests me since computer based design is the part of my current courses that interests me the most and is one that I aspire to work within in the future. 240 UCAS points are a possibility for me from what I am currently achieving at my current course and I for fill all the other entry requirements.



Sheffield Hallam

BA (Honours) Graphic Design


Three years full-time

UCAS code • W210

This course has an entry requirement os 280 UCAS points which with my end results from my current course and the UCAS points that I gotten at sixth form. This course intersts me since it is still quite wide and has lots of different areas in which it covers. despite this there is very little work on computers compared to others that I have considered, however since it is wide so there will be plenty of other options in career that I could go into for a career.  


Buckingham new university

Advertising: Creative



Qualification: BA (Hons)
UCAS code: WN25
Study mode: Full-time
Location: High Wycombe

Entry requirements

A typical offer would be GCSE English at grade C or above and a UCAS Tariff score of 200-240 plus a portfolio review and interview. This course is more about intersting and creative ideas which is a area of design that I find very intersting and the way that you create your work is not specific so the final product and work leading up to it can be in what media you think would best suit it.

London south bank university

BSc (Hons)
Computer Aided Design

Entry requirements


200 UCAS points - including Maths at level 3

This course intersts me since I prefer the digital computer type of design althogh I do not have level three maths so that would be something I would have to take before having the oppertunity to get onto this course and this would add futher time before I can have futhered education but I think that it would be worth it.
Birmingham city university


Computer Games Technology - BSc (Hons)

220 points.
National Diploma with Merit Merit Distinction
This one is different from the rest but is still design and computer games are an interest of mine and some thing I will look futher inti in the future. I was thinking about going into this field of design but since joining chesterfield college I had decided against that and looked more into web design style courses since thet had looked much more appealing since starting interactive media. 

No comments: